Monday, October 20, 2008

The Shack

Yikes and Hummmmm . . . .

My mind is still trying to comprehend and S - T - R - E -T - C -H with each thought. Very provoking for this little Latina mind :-/ Ha - Ha!!!

I do enjoy this book because I am also reading in Jeremiah currently and Hummmmm. Sometimes I feel like a Shack tucked deep in the Rockies, yet as free as the scene depicted. I can feel the wind, hear the bubbling brook or running river, feel the mist faintly upon my skin, and smell everything - refreshing and well not so comfortable to take.


What is your "Shack" and do you go to your "Papa"?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ana,
I also read this book. I enjoyed many of the ideas and thought they were biblical, but I struggled with the idea of God appearing in the forms the author presented. Seemed too New Age but also made sense that He would reach out to us in the way we would understand the most. There were a few ideas I questioned about biblical soundness, but I need to read it again to be specific. It is a good read for someone who is careful to measure it against God's Word. But then, all of life is that way. :)
Gina